1. Join the parades during Carnival Season and Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
-- Mardi Gras is a big reason why tourists flock New Orleans each year. Be a part of this world-famous event, and experience New Orleans’ Carnival Season to its fullest.
2. Enjoy the French Quarter Festival every April, the South’s largest free music festival.
-- Enjoy 275 hours of entertainment featuring more than 150 musical performances on twenty stages throughout the French Quarter over four days.
3. See the Battle of New Orleans re-enactment at the Chalmette Battlefield unit of Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve.
-- See live re-enactments of one of the most famous battles ever fought on American soil.
4. Walk the nature trail at Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve’s Barataria Unit.
-- If you are a nature lover, and love the outdoors, then this is for you. Take an adventurous walk or ride on the nature trail at Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve’s Barataria Unit.
5. Enjoy free oysters and music every Friday at Le Bon Temps Roule music club.
-- Like free seafood and good music? You can enjoy free oysters and good tunes every Friday at Le Bon Temps Roule.
6. Attend one of the many festivals that the Jazz and Heritage Foundation hosts throughout the year -like the BBQ and Blues Festival or Congo Square New World Rhythms Festival.
-- The Jazz and Heritage Foundation hosts numerous events per year including free festivals, concerts, lectures and literary events, as well as gallery exhibits and educational and cultural workshops.
7. Visit the New Orleans Museum of Art free on Wednesdays.
-- The museum hosts an impressive permanent collection of almost 40,000 objects. The collection, noted for its extraordinary strengths in French and American art, photography, glass, and African and Japanese works, continues to expand and grow, making NOMA one of the top art museums in the south.
8. Experience a cooking demonstration at the Crescent City Farmers Market.
-- See famous New Orleans dishes created before your very eyes! Learn new recipes and trade secrets.
9. Jam out at the free Wednesday afternoon concerts in Lafayette Square during the spring and fall months.
-- YLC Wednesday at the Square is a free, 12-week concert series with food and drink on sale to benefit the Young Leadership Council.
10. Dance down Frenchmen Street at night, many clubs don’t have a cover charge.
-- Admission to most of the clubs on Frenchmen Street is free and the price of a drink is most reasonable. You can choose Jazz, Blues, Latin, Reggae or just about any other type of music all being played live just for you.
Do you have New Orleans in your upcoming travel plans? Check out our New Orleans tour by clicking here.
Book your trip to New Orleans today!