Brazil is the largest country in South America and also has the largest surface area in Latin America. A large percentage of the Amazon Basin is located in Brazilian territory. The country also boasts an over 7000 kilometers coastline along its eastern border with Atlantic Ocean. For a country that huge, you would expect numerous adventure destinations. Brazil has not disappointed. The list below comprises the top adventure destination in the country.
1. The Iguassu Falls - Located on the Brazilian-Argentine border, this majestic waterfalls contest the top spot with the Victoria Falls in Zambia. For an absolutely amazing adventure trip, make sure you head to the waterfalls. There is so much to explore as well as to photograph.
2. Amazon Rainforest - This is the world's largest rainforest and a huge chunk of it lies in the Brazilian territory. It is famous for its jungle treks, wildlife tracking, nighttime caiman-spotting, and fishing for piranha. You will also get to enjoy some game meat deep in the jungle...the locals usually eat it raw and I am sure you would love to try some, won't you?
3. Bahia - Brazil is a country of many cultures. The most common is the Afro-Brazilian that mixes the African culture and Spanish culture. Remember that thousands of Brazilian residents are of African origin. If you love experimenting with different cultures, then Bahia state is the best place to do this.
4. Rio - Rio de Janeiro is popular for its Favela tourism. You can get to stay with the local people in the Brazilian slums (Favela) and experience their way of life. This form of adventure is cheap, interesting and fulfilling as you will be helping some really poor folks make their ends meet.
5. Bonito - Located south of the vast Brazilian Wetlands is the natural paradise known as Bonito where tourists can snorkel in crystal-clear turquoise rivers, scuba dive through limestone caverns and get up close to incredible wildlife.
The list above is by no means exhaustive. Feel free to add all the adventure hotspots that you have visited in Brazil, or those that you are planning to visit.